In Theaters "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance"


Delivering the latest installment of the action/thriller, "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" has made its way into theaters (February 17).

Starring Nicolas Cage, Ciaran Hinds, Fergus Riordan, Violante Placido, and Johnny Whitworth, the film follows Johnny Blaze as he hides out in a remote part of Eastern Europe where he’s recruited by a secret sect of the church to save a young boy from the devil.

And while the film is a the second from the franchise, Cage says it's defintiely not a sequel. “I don’t see this as a sequel at all. I see this as Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance. The other movie was Ghost Rider. This movie is Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance.”

“Johnny Blaze is in a much different place in this movie. It’s a much edgier, almost cynical interpretation compared to the first Ghost Rider. Because in that movie, Johnny was trying to keep everything at bay, to keep things from erupting.”

Nicolas added, “I couldn’t get my head around how I was supposed to perceive something like that to be a hero, so I was automatically attracted to that complexity. It’s easy to love Superman, it’s easy to love Captain America, but it’s a challenge to love the Ghost Rider. As I got older that carried on into my dramatic work – I’m always looking for flawed characters who have a pathos and a kind of tragedy to them.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Breaking new All Rights Reserved.